By Charles Duroiselle
This scarce antiquarian e-book is a facsimile reprint of the unique. because of its age, it could possibly include imperfections corresponding to marks, notations, marginalia and unsuitable pages. simply because we think this paintings is culturally vital, we have now made it to be had as a part of our dedication for shielding, maintaining, and selling the world's literature in reasonable, prime quality, smooth versions which are precise to the unique paintings.
Read Online or Download A Practical Grammar of the Pāli Language PDF
Best literary books
African Drama and function is a set of leading edge and wide-ranging essays that carry conceptually clean views, from either well known and rising voices, to the research of drama, theatre, and function in Africa. themes variety from reports of significant dramatic authors and formal literary dramas to improvisational theatre and well known video movies.
Nationwide BESTSELLERIt’s 1893, and on the Chicago World’s reasonable, Louis convenience Tiffany makes his debut with a luminous exhibition of leading edge stained-glass home windows that he hopes will earn him a spot at the foreign creative degree. yet backstage in his long island studio is the freethinking Clara Driscoll, head of his women’s department, who conceives of and designs the majority of the long-lasting leaded-glass lamps for which Tiffany will lengthy be remembered.
Mega sq. In compliment of the bottom celebrates the main sensual a part of the feminine physique. The insightful textual content through Hans-Jürgen Döpp discusses the bottom as a function that stands for either robust eroticism and supple femininity, seducing well-known artists from each style. This identify is bound to appeal to and enjoyment a large viewers with its energetic, provocative pictures.
- The Songs of the Kings
- Studies of Thermal Convection in a Rotating Cylinder with Some Implications for Large-Scale Atmospheric Motions
- Revels in Madness: Insanity in Medicine and Literature (Corporealities: Discourses of Disability)
- Der Wanderer: Seine Gleichnisse und Erzählungen
- Jewish American and Holocaust Literature: Representation in the Postmodern World (S U N Y Series in Modern Jewish Literature and Culture)
- Tinkers Island (Penguin Readers Easystarts)
Extra info for A Practical Grammar of the Pāli Language
Masc. base. atthakāma one wishing to be useful. kumbhakāra, potter. yakkha, ogre. nāga, snake, elephant. miga, deer. sīha, lion. byaggha, tiger. kākā, a crow. mānusa, a man. pg. 33 Fem. base. atthakāmā, atthakāmī, tthakāminī. kumbhakārā, kumbhakārī, kumbhakārinī. yakkhī, yakkhinī. nāgī, nāginī. migī, miginī. sīhī, sīhinī. byagghī, byagghinī. kākī, kākinī. mānusā, mānusī, mānusinī. §193. The suffixes used for the formation of Adjectival Feminine bases are the same as those given above (181), that is;- §200.
90. navuti. 100. sataŋ. 200. bāsataŋ. dvāsataŋ. 1000. sahassaŋ. 10,000. dasasahassaŋ. 10,000,000 koṭi. navutima. satama. bāsatama. sahassama. dasasahassama. koṭima. Loc. Voc. Nom. Gen. Dat. Acc. Ins. Abl. Loc. §254. The Cardinals, eka, taya and cattāro are declined in the plural in the three genders; eka, alone of course, having singular forms. Singular. Loc. ekasmiŋ, ekamhi. ekāya, ekissaŋ. Voc. eka. eke. Neuter. ekaŋ. ekassa. ekassa. ekaŋ. ekena. ekasmā, ekamhā. ekasmiŋ, ekamhi. eka. Masculine.
295. There is a common substitute of so, sā, taŋ, obtained by replacing t wherever it occurs, by n, for the three genders. Thus we have: Masculine. Feminine. Neuter. nassa = tassa. nāya = tāya. naŋ = taŋ nena = tena. nassā = tassā. nena = tena. naŋ = taŋ. nassāya = tassāya. naŋ = taŋ. nasmā = tasmā. nassaŋ = tassaŋ. nasmā = tasmā. nasmiŋ = tasmiŋ. nāyaŋ = tāyaŋ. nasmiŋ = tasmiŋ. ne = te. nā = tā,tāyo. ne = te. nehi = tehi. nāhi = tāhi. nehi = tehi. nesaŋ = tesaŋ. nāsaŋ = tāsaŋ. nesaŋ = tesaŋ. nesu = tesu.
A Practical Grammar of the Pāli Language by Charles Duroiselle